In these conditions EcoWatt Renewable Solutions LTD t/a Prime Time Boilers is referred to as “the Company”, and the person agreeing to the Contract is referred to as “the Customer”. By signing the order form you are agreeing to this contract.
- All the terms of the contract between the Customer and the Company are contained in the document and written specifications (if any) provided to the Customer. No variation of the terms shall bind either party unless such is made in writing and signed by the party to be bound.
- The Company, having discussed with the Customer the requirements for the installation of the heating products’ as listed on the order form, may need to carry out a survey to take detailed measurements and/or specifications and any Contract is subject to the surveyors report and findings. The Company reserves the right to decline the work detailed on the Contract should its surveyor ‘think fit to do so’. Should this action became necessary, the liability of the Company in these circumstances is limited to the refund of any deposit paid by the Customer and these sums will be returned immediately.
- Any changes in materials and/ or specification from those detailed in the schedule on the order form will only apply when supported by a new order form which must be signed by both parties – i.e. “The Company” and “The Customer”.
- Delivery/ Installation timescales are approximate and shall be deemed to commence with effect from settlement of all details of the order and receipt of payment of any deposit where applicable. They are made subject to any cause beyond the control of the Company which could interfere with the execution or completion of the timescales, in this case the contract is not void.
- We will carry out the work during normal working hours Monday to Friday but may on occasion need to use a reasonable amount of overtime to achieve completion. It is a condition of this contract that your approval to such overtime is granted although we will endeavour to minimise any disruption or inconvenience. Should the works take longer than originally excepted we are not liable for loss of earnings; including wages and rental income. This also applies for missed or re-scheduled appointments due to unforeseen circumstance. Should any overtime or unsocial working hours be specifically requested by you, other than any special arrangement charged for and agreed on the sales order form, it may be necessary for us to add extra costs and these will be explained at that time and prior to the overtime or unsocial working hours taking place. We will need access to the relative property at all reasonable times whilst the work is being executed and would expect free use of water, electricity and gas to enable us to complete the work in accordance with this Contract.
- Due to the Company’s policy of continuous improvement, the Customer shall have the benefit of any modifications the Company may make to its products and procedures albeit these changes may be made without prior notice to the Customer. All illustrations within the Company literature and that of its suppliers are subsequently intended as a guide only.
- Any concession latitude or waiver allowed by the Company at any time shall be without prejudice to their strict right and full rights under this Contract and shall not prevent the Company subsequently exercising such rights.
- Cleared Payments of the Contract balance is due on the morning of installation. When payments have been made to the Company, the Customer must retain a copy of the Invoice with the payment received indicated, this will be supplied to the Customer by either post or email once funds have cleared. Cleared funds are: Cash, Bank Transfer or Debit Card over the phone. If remedial work is necessary the Customer may hold a maximum of 10% of the value of the invoice until such work is carried out. The Company reserves the right to charge interest at the Bank of England base rate on any overdue balances on a daily basis until payment is made. All goods supplied remain the property of the Company even though installed by way of a lien until fully paid for. The guarantee may be void if payment is not made and the above conditions are not adhered to. If you are entered into a Credit Agreement the Company is paid directly by the Company’s nominated finance provider, once your installation has been completed, we will then issue you with an invoice showing the balance has been paid.
- If the Customer has entered into a Credit Agreement via the Company’s nominated finance providers, the terms of their agreement will apply as part of this Contract. If the Credit Agreement Is later cancelled, then subject to the terms of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act, the Contract balance will become immediately payable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- In the event of suspension or cancellation of the work at the request of the Customer or lack of instructions/ delay on site caused by the Customer, whether material or time, any extra expenses thereby incurred or any losses suffered by the Company shall be chargeable to the Customer. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure any access, licence, permit or other authority necessary for the execution of the work is obtained and that existing property boundaries are correctly defined.
- Whilst every care will be taken by the Company, it accepts no liability for any damage to plaster work, decorations, flooring etc which may be of a consequent of the work carried out, unless specifically provided for on the schedule on the sales order form. Where possible, cuts or holes made to allow for equipment will be made good but not permanently finished or re-decorated. Floor boards will be re-instated or replaced where necessary but special or laminated floors will need to be removed by the customer and cannot be permanently re-fixed. Any carpets which have to be lifted, will be re-laid to the best of our engineer’s ability, however we cannot be held responsible for carpets which have been nailed or glued down. If access is needed, it is the customers responsibility to make sure the area is clear of furniture and obstructions. It should be anticipated that an amount or redecoration may be required and this will be the Customer’s responsibility and is not included in the price. This will be discussed in full with the Customer during our survey. Similarly the Company accepts no responsibility for damage which is attributable to structural defect of weakness unless such damage results from negligence on the part of the Company, its servants, workmen or assigns.
- All new central heating systems/ upgrades carry a 2 year workmanship warranty from the date of installation (subject to the boiler being serviced annually). No guarantee can be given however on the integrity or suitability of any existing components being connected to and the Company cannot be held responsible for the failure of any such components or defects existing within any part of the original system i.e. radiators, pipe work, showers, taps etc. Where products are connected to existing hot and cold water pipes, tanks or cisterns, the installation is based on the assumption that the existing plumbing system is in satisfactory condition. When converting the system, pipes can be under more pressure than they previously was, the company would not be liable for any leaks on existing pipework. Unless otherwise stated in the Contract the guarantee does not cover drains or defects due to fair wear and tear, the replacement of lamps, bulbs and fuses or any causes beyond the Company’s control. If any repairs, alterations or additions to the equipment installation and/ or apparatus are carried out by a person who has not been authorised by EcoWatt Renewable Solutions t/a Prime Time Boilers, the guarantee may be rendered void.
- As it is necessary that all pipes are accessible we will not normally bury them in solid floors or walls and pipes will be exposed in these situations. Boxing in of pipe-work is not included unless specifically detailed on the order form.
- On all installations the company perform a chemical flush of the system, if it is deemed the system is built up with sludge which cannot be remove through this procedure, a power flush may be required, this would be chargeable and the company will offer a quotation for this.
- Where combination boilers are supplied, hot water flow rates will be reduced if more than one tap or outlet is used simultaneously. This is not a fault and is a characteristic of most combination boilers.
- It is responsibility of the Customer to ensure a suitable gas supply and meter is available to the relative property. Where this is not the case the Customer will need to organise a supply via a suitable pipeline provider. A gas meter will also be required, which will need to be arranged separately with a gas supplier. Any costs incurred for this are to be paid by the Customer and are in no way part of this Contract unless specifically included within the order form.
- When required the company will install a new electrical cable for the boiler, if there is no route for the cable to be run a wireless switch box may be required, this will be chargeable.
- Our engineers will access roofs/ heights where possible and safe to do so. If access to the roof is required i.e. roofer, scaffolding etc due to Health and Safety this will be an additional extra for the customer to pay. If the customer supplies any access themselves it is their responsibility to make sure the access is adequate and safe for our engineers to use.
- The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a site clearance for reoccupation certificate which you will get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
- The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace.
- The Contract price quoted is subject to any changes in Value Added Tax.
All Boilers supplied by The Company carry a Manufacturer’s Parts and Labour Warranty, the length of this will be discussed at time of order. All warranties are subject to annual service history. An annual service must be carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and documentation must be made available upon request, proof of an annual service will validate the boiler’s warranty throughout the warranty period. We will always attempt to contact you to arrange this but it is the Customer’s responsibility to arrange the annual service.
RADIATORS AND TOWEL RAILS:
New radiators or towel radiators where supplied and installed as part of a new central heating system or system upgrade are covered by the Company’s 2 year workmanship warranty from the date of installation. Where customer’s existing radiators are being utilised and connected to, they will not be covered under the standard warranty and the Terms and Conditions of Clause 12 will apply. Existing radiators not installed by the Company will be covered for 6 months from installation date for air locks/ not heating up. Separate rules will be applicable if one of the Company’s extended warranty schemes are opted for on the date the contract is signed. Copies are available on request. If purchased separately Thermostatic Radiator Valves will be fitted where applicable in accordance with current Building Regulations and/ or ‘CHeSS: recommendations for best Practice in Housing Energy Efficiency. (CHeSS – Central Heating System Specifications).
All other items supplied by Prime Time Boilers carry the relevant manufacturer’s standard warranty along with our 1 year workmanship warranty.
As part of our responsibility we will use a Gas Safe Registered engineer to install your new boiler, we are required to connect any new gas appliance to a gas supply that is safe and sound. Consequently we will need to carry out a gas soundness test on the first day of installation of any new boiler or heating system. Should there be any leak or defect with the existing gas pipework we would have no alternative but to condemn the supply, or take steps to make the supply as safe as necessary or re-pipe the supply prior to the installation work being carried out. Although a fairly rare occurrence, any such work is totally unforeseen and may be charged as an extra amount to that shown on the order form. Where brickwork, stonework or other masonry has to be made good e.g. original flue position from your old boiler, and we are unable to provide a match for the existing materials due to restrictions on availability and effects of weathering over the years, wherever possible we will endeavour to provide a similar finish. Should a Customer wish to provide his/her own materials for matching purposes, we will make an allowance in the calculations of the price agreed.
NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL:
You as “the Customer” have the right to cancel this contract if you wish, this can be done at any time during the period of 14 calendar days starting with the date of receipt of this notice.
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent in the case of electronic communication. If work on the above contract has begun with your written agreement before the end of the cancelation period, you may be required to pay for any goods or services supplied.
Any related credit agreement will automatically be cancelled if the contract for goods and services is cancelled. If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send to Prime Time Boilers, Choles Yard, High Road, North Weald, Essex, CM16 6EG alternatively you can email this to email@example.com.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
The Purchaser agrees to buy and the company agrees to install the goods. The purchaser acknowledges that the terms and conditions have been read and understood. The purchaser acknowledges receipt of a copy of this contact including the notice of their cancellation rights. By signing our order form you are agreeing to our terms and conditions/ contract.